Monday, April 19, 2010

Cottage Quilt (Queen)

I made this cottage quilt (VERY fun project) for my mother-in-law with a queen-size kit (it comes in several sizes) I got from JoAnn's Fabrics using one of my coupons. :) It was my first attempt at free motion quilting, and it actually turned out pretty good. I love my new Husqvarna Saphire with extra quilting space! What a difference, and great for the free motion. It took me a few tries to get tension just right, but after that, went great...I tried to use some of the embroidery designs on the corners, but had a little trouble going through all the layers of fabric and keeping the design flowing (probably just need more practice and maybe should have lifted the foot more). For the label I used a piece of matching fabric, iron on label from a book, and went over the design with permanent fabric markers to darken it. I used Heat n Bond iron on adhesive (washable) to attach to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment