Friday, May 7, 2010

Allotment Quilt



I love the colors of this lap quilt I made for my loving sister (I love you Lin!) - using mostly Kaffe Fassett and Martha Negley fabrics. The idea came from Kaffe Fassett's "Country Garden Quilts" book and is called an Allotment quilt by Jane Brocket, after the European leased garden plots. This one is a flower allotment garden since my sister grows absolutely beautiful flower gardens!!


My dear kitty "pouting" after I had chased her off this quilt top about 3 times, and she was determined this was her place! ...so Lin, you're quilt has been blessed by the kitty!



I used free motion quilting on most of the quilt w/variegated thread.

Some of the different quilt patterns - I tried a dragonfly among the flowers in free motion.

The so-called "permanent-washable" (I think I used too much heat or for too long) iron-on didn't hold, so I hand-stitched roughly around edges to work with the adhesive. Permanent washable markers were used to color the pattern I got from a book of iron-on labels.

Quilt back pieced with a strip of various fabrics in garden colors.
I thought the Benartex Flower Show 3 Dahlias Gold was appropriate for her flower shows that she has had over the years!
A little computer graphics fun with colors

No comments:

Post a Comment