Monday, September 29, 2014

Milk Carton Gift Box - Birthday

I saw a wonderful ink spray gift box that Vivien Keh made, and I just had to try one.  Based on her recommendations and video, I used heavier weight Watercolor paper (I cut the milk carton with my Cricut "Tags Bags Boxes and More 2" cartridge) http://contadinak.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/manageable-doses/ I used Dylusions Ink sprays (which I just love on watercolor paper).  I spritzed with some Gold Color Shine to add some shimmer. (I had a little trouble keeping the carton top closed with 2 sided tape...probably a decorative clasp would have been better...so I just left it open and tied with a ribbon)

Stamps:  See D's "Leaves" (which I bought years ago and don't think are made any more)
On the Birthday Card I used a set from Local King Rubber Stamp:  "Spring Time Die and Stamp" http://www.localkingrubberstamp.com/  They have a video out that tell you how to use the die to get the 3 D card also.  In my Cuttlebug I used the AB&C Plates for Cutting, and AB&B Plates for Embossing for this set.
Butterflies were cut with Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch (using same inked watercolor paper). 
Dies:  Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight; Spellbinders Labels Four Small

Stamp:  Darcie's "Take Wing" (Cling)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment