Sunday, September 28, 2014

Altered Cigar Box

This was my first altered cigar box, and it is rather simple, but I had fun.  For the Lace Flower, I just cut a cardboard circle to glue the lace on, then used a hot glue gun and circled the lace a little at a time, working from the outside in (I mixed more than one kind of lace), and cut slits in the lace as I went to help it lay flatter...then added a button to the center.  Mod Podged scrapbook paper for the rest.  Used the Spellbinders "Fancy Tags" die to make the fancy hinges on the corners.  Got little round wooden feet at JoAnns and painted them and glued on with wood glue.  Used Walnut stain on the inside edges of box.
Added Verse from Psalm 3:3 sentiment on inside of box from Verve "Plane Jane" Stamps.
I have been having so much fun playing with "Shrinky Dink" plastic, and made a few baubles/tags with jewels/charms to hook onto lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment